We’re just over halfway through 2015. I know, hard to believe, right? It’s been a pretty challenging year for me, I’m not gonna lie. My personal life is definitely challenging, with all of the unknowns that being the wife of a cancer patient entails. The hardest part of that for me is not being able to make lots of concrete plans (because I’m definitely a planner). That doesn’t mean I’m just flying by the seat of my pants, though. It just might mean sometimes I’m doing a planned conference call or webinar from a hospital or hotel room instead of my home office. If I’ve learned anything this year, it’s flexibility.
That being said, I’m still using the planning tools that have worked in my business for the past several years. This coming Friday, I’ll take the entire day, shut myself up in the cozy corner of the upstairs section of my favorite local coffee house, and do some assessment and planning for the rest of the year. I’ll start by evaluating how things are going so far this year and then look at what I’d still like to accomplish.
I started this year with some big, clear goals. I hope you did too. We have about five months left to achieve them.
I want to challenge you to take a few hours sometime before the middle of this month and look at your own business. Start by assessing where you are so far. I’ve found it helps me to make three lists when I evaluate my results, so start here:
- List #1 – Write down all that you’ve accomplished so far this year and celebrate your successes! Way to go!
- List #2 – Write down everything you still want to accomplish before the end of the year and create a plan for getting there.
- List #3 – Make a list (as long as you can) of every single thing for which you’re grateful up to this point in 2015.
- Focus on that gratitude for at least a few minutes every day for the rest of the year.*
*This one step will literally change your life.
Now that you’ve got a handle on what you’ve accomplished up to this point in this year, let’s look at where you want to go before December 31st. Make three more lists for this:
- List #4 – What did you plan to accomplish at the beginning of the year that you’ve yet to get done? Make a list of at least three to five concrete goals.
- List #5 – What ACTION steps can you begin to consistently take RIGHT NOW and for the rest of the year that will bring about those goals (be SPECIFIC)?
- List #6 – What obstacles might get in the way of you taking those actions and how can you avoid them? Planning ahead can make a HUGE difference in your results.
Did I miss anything? How will you evaluate and plan at this mid-way point in the year? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Is one of your goals for the rest of the year to get more bookings on your calendar? This will help! Grab your complimentary copy of my “Book Yourself Solid In The Next 30 Days” roadmap. It’s yours for free when you subscribe to my mailing list. Already a member of the list? My system won’t add you twice, so go ahead and grab the roadmap anyhow. Click here to grab your roadmap now!
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE FOR FREE IN PRINT OR ONLINE?
Julie Anne Jones is a direct sales corporate consultant, coach, and trainer, and the CEO of Julie Anne Jones, Inc. She is known for her authentic and easy-to-use scripting and specializes in specific language and tools for success in direct sales. To learn more about Julie Anne and her products and services, and to read more blog posts, visit her at www.julieannejones.com.