Today & tomorrow I’m speaking at the Usborne Books & More national conference. Chances are good you’re either traveling soon or making plans to attend your own company conference. I love being a part of national conferences as a speaker and it’s your best chance to get great education while connecting with others from your company. What I can promise you is this – you’ll come away with your head swimming with fun memories, stories, and enough new ideas to overwhelm even the most organized among you.
Here’s a simple, brilliant idea for organizing the information you’ll get during conference. You’ll colored index cards (a different color for each day of your conference). Here’s how it works.
- For each day of your conference, pick one color card (pink for Thursday, blue for Friday, green for Saturday, etc.)
- Make 2 cards for each day with the following titles: “Wow, Do It Now!” and “Love It! Do It Later!”
- Bring both cards with you to every training each day. When you hear an idea you like that you want to implement, ask yourself if it’s an idea you’ll take action on right away (like within 5 days of arriving back home after conference), or something that will require a little more preparation and planning.
- If it’s an immediate action item, write it on your “Wow, Do It Now!” card
- If it’s a deferred action item, write it on your “Love It! Do It Later!” card
Now, at the end of your conference, you’ve got color coordinated cards from each day of your conference with your best ideas front and center so you can make a plan and take action.
If you’re a leader, I encourage you to make cards for all of your team members who are attending conference with you, tell them how to use them, and then at the end of each day, come together and go over your cards together, learning from each other and adding others ideas to your cards as they come up.
Grab your complimentary copy of my “Book Yourself Solid In The Next 30 Days” roadmap. It’s yours for free when you subscribe to my mailing list. Already a member of the list? My system won’t add you twice, so go ahead and grab the roadmap anyhow. Click here to grab your roadmap now!
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN PRINT OR ONLINE?
You may, as long as you do not alter it and include the following information (with active links as appropriate):
Julie Anne Jones is direct sales corporate consultant, coach, and trainer, and the CEO of Julie Anne Jones, Inc. She is known for her authentic and easy-to-use scripting and specializes in specific language and tools for success in direct sales. To learn more about Julie Anne and her products and services, and to read her weekly blog posts, visit her at www.julieannejones.com.