Have you ever noticed how easy it is to get someone’s attention by saying “Let me tell you a little story…” Even if you’re sitting in a restaurant and you overhear someone in the next booth say that to someone else, aren’t you straining to listen? Sure you are! Telling your story at the beginning of your party will help engage your guests in the same way. It’s simple to create this. Answer the following questions and then weave them together into a short story that your audience can relate to.
- What was your first experience with your company like?
- Was it a party?
- Were you excited about attending?
- Who was the host?
- What did it feel like?
- What did you like about it? (did you have fun?
- What did you think if the products?What happened after the party?
- Did you book a show? If so, how much free product did you get?
- Did you sign up?What was your first party as a representative like?
- Were you nervous?
- Did you have a good turn out?
- How much money did you make that night?Thoughts to consider as you design your story:
- Focus on booking seeds.
- Focus on recruiting seeds.
- Relate your personal experience in starting your business in story form.
- Save your recruiting story (all the benefits you enjoy because of your business) for your Opportunity Commercial.
Want more details about this and a ton of other great ideas? Click here to check out our “Designing an Amazing Party Experience” audio CD as well as a ton of other great tools to improve the result in your business.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN PRINT OR ONLINE?
You may, as long as you do not alter it and include the following information (with active links as appropriate)
Julie Anne Jones is a direct sales corporate consultant, coach, and trainer, and the CEO of Julie Anne Jones, Inc. She is known for her authentic and easy-to-use scripting and specializes in specific systems, language, and tools for success in direct sales. To learn more about Julie Anne and her products and services, and to read her weekly blog posts, visit her at www.julieannejones.com.