"How do I get bookings?" It's the most common question I hear…on the Facebook Fan Page, on the monthly calls for my Direct Sales Virtual Academy, and even in my one-on-one coaching sessions.
So in the interest of never being able to talk about bookings enough (in light of that), I give you my 7 Surefire Ways to Get Booking NOW! You probably know some of these, but I figure it never hurts to remind you either.
1. Get Your Catalogs Out There
Your company spends a lot of money creating your most important marketing tool – your catalog. Get that valuable direct sales tool out there and it will provide you with exposure and bookings. Here are some ideas:
- Send a catalog to a friend, neighbor, or co-worker who has moved
- Put a catalog in the teacher's lounge at your child's school
- Put a catalog in your employee lunchroom
- Give a catalog to the receptionist at your doctor or dentist office
- Put a current catalog in your neighbor's door and include a 10% off coupon
- Have your spouse or friends take a catalog to work
2. Throw Yourself a Home Party
Find a reason to celebrate something (your company’s new products, your direct sales business anniversary, a promotion, working on a new incentive trip) and invite everyone you know to come help you celebrate. Offer incentives if they bring a guest and host it as an open house to increase attendance. It could even be a fund raiser for your favorite charity.
3. Get Yourself Out There!
If you’re face to face with people, they’ll "get" your enthusiasm and want to share in it by participating in your direct sales business. Here are some direct sales training ideas for getting out there and meeting new people:
- Have a booth at a school fair
- Work with other direct sales consultants in your downline or area and host a booth at a local Women’s fair
- Check out local job fairs – they’re filled with people looking for work!
Get the word out to people who need to know about you. Here are some ideas for where to advertise and improve your marketing efforts:
- The service area of your local newspaper
- Your church bulletin
- Your alumni newsletter
- School football, drama, or musical programs
5. Think of New Places and Environments to Host Parties
You can do your presentation in some interesting places – not just a host’s home. If you can do an open house format, the possibilities are endless. Here are some ideas:
- Host an office party during lunch or after work. Attendance will be automatic!
- Host a restaurant party – the host doesn’t have to do anything except invite people and show up!
- Hold a “multiple host” event; holding several shows in the same place on the same night
- Host a show before a PTA meeting
6. Make your Home Party a Booking Event!
- Create an awesome booking “commercial” which highlights the benefits of booking a home party with you – this is a great booking tool
- At the beginning of the party, mention your host’s goals. Have the host tell everyone why she decided to host a party
- Offer a gift wrapped gift to the host at your party; one booking, she takes off the bow, two bookings, she takes off the wrapper, three bookings, she gets to keep the gift!
- Offer “instant booking gifts” as a bonus for hosts who book on days and/or months you need to make a goal
- Make your parties fun so your guests will want to book!
7. Use One of These Other Awesome Direct Sales Marketing Ideas:
- Include a business card or flyer with ALL of your bill payments
- Participate in a school fund-raiser
- Wear clothing with your company logo on it
- Have your business information printed directly onto your checks
- Call your realtor with suggestions for "new home packages"
- Start a "Host of the month" club (12 hosts agree to place at least a $30.00 order each month, and 1 of the 12 months, they also get all the host benefits!)
- Carry a notepad to jot down names of potential hosts as you think of them
Do you have any ideas I missed?
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE FOR FREE IN PRINT OR ONLINE?
You may, as long as you do not alter it and include the following information (with active links as appropriate):
Julie Anne Jones is a direct sales corporate consultant, coach, and trainer, and the CEO of Julie Anne Jones, Inc. She is known for her authentic and easy-to-use scripting and specializes in specific systems, language, and tools for success in direct sales. To learn more about Julie Anne and her products and services, and to read her weekly blog posts, visit her at www.julieannejones.com.