I don’t stand for much complaining from anyone in my life, especially my clients. If there’s one thing I know for sure, it’s that energy flows where attention goes. It’s a simple fact that you get what you focus on. So if you don’t have the direct sales team of your dreams, you have some responsibility for that.
Think about this: are you constantly complaining about your unmotivated, draining, frustrating direct sales team? Guess who you’ll be attracting from that energy flow? You guessed it…more unmotivated, draining, frustrating team members. Ouch!
Doesn’t it makes sense that the more focused and clear you are about who you want to be attracting into your direct sales business, the more likely you’ll be to attract individuals with those very attributes? So let’s decide what you want, not focus on what you don’t want, shall we?
Take a moment and do this short training exercise.
First of all, ask yourself the question, “Who is my ideal team member?”
Here’s a list of adjectives to get you started:
A Self Starter
Great Sense of Humor
Now, sit down, clear your mind, get focused, and choose your top five qualities. Make a list with at least five adjectives that best describe your ideal team member. And don’t be conservative. Remember, this list highlights your ideal person.
Have you got it? Now read over what you just created. Who would you say those words describe at their best? YOU, right? Of course. So, here’s the point. When you’re truly showing up at your best, the energy you’re putting out will attract others like you…at your best. Get it? It’s really that simple.
Now let’s put the “energy flows where attention goes” theory into action. This part of the exercise means we need to get your thoughts, feelings, and actions lined up so you’ll begin attracting those amazing people into your direct sales business. Here’s the process…
- Print out the list you made above and put it up on the wall in your office. Start thinking about all of these attributes and how you can manifest them in your own business (this is the “thoughts” part of the equation).
- Sit down, close your eyes, and imagine what it would feel like to be working with an entire room full of these ideal team members. Just feel the feelings of what it would be like to lead a team of outstanding individual who exemplified those characteristics (the second part of this equation).
- Now visualize yourself standing in front of a huge team with all of those traits at your next team meeting. This is the third part of the process and the visualization can literally take only 30 to 90 seconds.
- Take about two minutes at the beginning and ending of each day to read over the list and then close your eyes and walk through your visualization.
- Do this every day for the next 30 days, twice a day, and pay attention to the people, circumstances, and opportunities that begin to show up in your life and business. And, of course, (and this is the key to all of it), TAKE ACTION on those opportunities!
Ready for a fresh start in your direct sales business this year? Grab my free “Direct Sales Starter Kit” email series to kick start your plan. It’s yours for free when you subscribe to my mailing list. Already a member? My system won’t add you twice, so go ahead and grab the starter kit anyhow. Click here to subscribe to my mailing list.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN PRINT OR ONLINE?
You may, as long as you do not alter it and include the following information (with active links as appropriate):
Julie Anne Jones is direct sales corporate consultant, coach, and trainer, and the CEO of Julie Anne Jones, Inc. She is known for her authentic and easy-to-use scripting and specializes in specific language and tools for success in direct sales. To learn more about Julie Anne and her products and services, and to read her weekly blog posts, visit her at www.julieannejones.com.
Photo Credit/Copyright: / 123RF Stock Photo